Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Little Hiatus

I have decided to take a break from Internet dating.

I know, I know, you are all wondering why I would do such a thing, considering how successful it has been!!

But seriously. I have come to the realization that all of the rejection that online dating entails is really getting to me emotionally and physically, and frankly it is starting to affect my true friendships as well as my work.

One can only go on so many dates without success before one goes bat-shit crazy. I have gone bat-shit crazy. At least I am intelligent enough to realize that if someone were to institutionalize me, they wouldn't be wrong.

Although the Year of Yes would work for some people, those people are not me. I just simply cannot keep putting myself out there for the rejection that is waiting for me. Right now, my mind needs a break.

But keep posted. I will still be doing things. Just not a lot of dating things. Have a wonderful day, and remember how important all the relationships in your life are, not just the ones you had once or the ones you wish you had.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Good solid decision, Ky. You know what's best...and I LOVE you.

Micaela said...

Thanks! I REALLY appreciate the love. Truly.