Friday, June 20, 2008

The Year of Yes: Date #7

OK, OK, many of you are probably wondering why I went on another date when I said I was taking a break. I will explain. But seriously. Date #7 solidified by reasoning behind why I am taking said break. Freak.

I had emailed Freak (I could come up with a more clever nickname, but this one just sums it all up in one simple word, and I think it appropriate) a month ago. I never got a response. Whatever. It happens all the time.

Then I got an email last Saturday morning. Here is an excerpt:

"I feel awkward approaching you after such a long period of time but I really do have a good excuse. And if all good relationships are predicated on trust then I will hope that you will trust me when I give it to you. But if you want it (the explanation) you will have to email me back to get it. But I will say this much; just because it looked like I was active on Match at or around the time you contacted me doesn't mean I was. Please email me back. I am very interested in seeing if we have more in common than a love of humor (I really am a riot to be around when I got my comedy mojo game on)."

I responded: "OK, I'll bite. What's the deal? And I don't like to do the whole, let's email forever thing."

He replied that he didn't either, and we exchanged phone numbers, and set up a date.

Freak was freaky. To put it mildly.

1) He is a vegetarian because he doesn't want to hurt any kind of animal if not absolutely necessary. OK. Sounds good to me.

BUT

2) He likes "his" women to be submissive in bed. And he likes to abuse them. OK, so you won't eat a steak, but you will beat your girlfriend?

Like I said, he's a Freak.

So I got home and emailed him my normal polite response to any freaky date I have: Hey, nice to have met you, but we won't make a good match. (Read: Hey freakzaoid, lose my number, wish I would have never met you, and I wish I would have never wasted a perfectly good Saturday night hanging out with the likes of you, asshole.)

He responded with THIS little tidbit:

"
I honestly, sincerely thank you for giving me an out, its hard when you are a considerate person and don't know how to tell people no, (that's what got me into that last situation, should have kicked her to the curb the first day I met her.) I tried to provide an out to you as well with some of my behaviors, I'm an actor at heart and all of life is a stage. By the way, I don't know how many women you've been with (I assume none) but you can't believe how many women are REALLY into being dominated. I am speaking from direct experience. I don't want to argue this with you, or belabor the point, but I know I am right about this. "

FREAK! Seriously, thank you for giving YOU an out? Did you not read the email message I sent you that said LOSE MY NUMBER, ASSHOLE? Did you not hear me when I said I had to go home because it was time for bed? Who says that on a first date who is interested in YOU? No one, that's who. And what does me being with other women have ANYTHING to do with how you like to dominate women in the bedroom? And since when is this kosher first-date topics of conversation?

Good God, what a freak.

4 comments:

The Giant said...

Wh-wh-What???!! I am an actor at heart and all the world's a stage?? I'm just shaking my head here. WTF???!!!

Micaela said...

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Heather Williams said...

I think you should have slashed his tires and then later said -- oh you KNOW, some guys are really into that kind of thing.

Heather Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.