Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Year of Yes: My First No???

Well, when I started my Year of Yes, I did put some ground rules down: 1) No married men, and 2) No YES! if he asked me while he was propositioning or groping me.

So, here comes my first No.

I get an email from a guy online who doesn't really knock my socks off, but it is the year of yes, so whatever. I read his profile and it says 1) he is MARRIED (separated, but married) and 2) he wants kids, and if the girl he dates doesn't want kids, then he is not interested.

I emailed him back a nice little note saying that I do not date married men, even if they are in the midst of a divorce, and that I probably don't want to have any kids of my own in the future. (I did not mention I was up for adoption, etc., which I am.) He emailed me back and said that they weren't even in the middle of a divorce, just a separation!, it didn't matter if he was still married, his wife doesn't live there, they both agreed to date other people, and that he still wanted to meet me.

Huh? You want me to be your "It was just a break" girlfriend?

Oh, and he propositioned me in the email, too. He said, "I'd certainly enjoy getting to know you regardless of these issues, though perhaps they would lead us to more of a friends (with benefits, if we wanted?) sort of relationship."

Wha, wha, WHAT?

So, he broke both of my rules in one fail swoop, and I had to say no.

However, I do have Date #2 coming up tonight. I am even actually excited about it!

No comments: