Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Thanks

A tradition that never caught on in my household was to say what you are thankful for right before we dove into the dinner. I think that it never caught on for two reasons:

1) My dad was always embarrassed.

2) My mom was worried the food would get cold.

So, I've decided to show a list of all the things I am thankful for.

  • Me, Myself, and I: I'm reliable and fun. I can always count on me being there.
  • My job. It's nice to have money.
  • My family. Especially my sweet, precious nephew.
  • My FRIENDS. I can't live without them. Seriously.
  • All my invites for Thanksgiving dinner. It's hard being away from your family on the holidays, but friends made up for it this year.
  • Books.
  • My Dish DVR. Which will make my Thanksgiving holiday a little less lonely.
  • Food. I mean good food. Not that crap we ate in Disneyland.
Ok, that was a pretty cheesey list, and I meant for it to be much more thoughtful and poetic, but I guess I am just not in that mood today. I guess I am just thankful for all the basic things in life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not have been in the mood, but the heartfelt thought merely writing what you're thankful for speaks volumes. As one of your friends, I'm so thankful for you.
Lorna

Micaela said...

Thanks, Lorna. That means a lot. I have really come to appreciate my friends here in Reno quite a bit lately. And you are one of those dear friends. Thanks.

Holli said...

I really loved your list, Micaela. It didn't sound cheesy to me at all. It's good to be thankful and you have a lot to love. xoxo