Monday, November 5, 2007

Apple Pie, Apple Milkshakes, Apple Turnovers, Apple Doghnuts, Apple...HEAVEN!



Every year, Tracy and I try to make a trip to Apple Hill outside of Placerville, CA. This year was no different. And since I can't wait any longer for Tracy to post cute pictures of her baby, I will.

Tracy, Tonna, Matilda and I all headed out for the two to three hour drive, depending on the traffic. We weren't in a big hurry, but we should have been: they close early!! NOOOOO!

I love Apple Hill for all of the appely goodness. There is everything Apple that you can possibly imagine. Oh, and there's other stuff, too. But APPLE MILKSHAKES are the BOMB DIGGITY!
Matilda agreed wholeheartedly and wouldn't let go of my straw.

She got to ride a pony; I wanted to, too, but decided against it because once around a dirt track actually makes me feel sorry for the ponies. Also, ponies smell kinda bad.

Apple Turnovers was closed (Damn their black souls!) but Apple DOUGHNUTS were there, and boy, do apple doughnuts make me a happy little girl! (There is a picture of me sniffing my doughnut bag, but I don't have a copy of it yet.....)

Matilda and I had fun taking our pictures in front of the cutouts:







I was trying to hold her up while sticking my head in the other hole. It didn't quite work out the way I planned.

Overall, we had a wonderful time in Apple Hill, and next year when we go, we will be sure to leave extra early so we can really get our fill of apples!!

2 comments:

The Giant said...

I know I always told you I liked it better short, but God, your hair looks fabulous this long.

Micaela said...

Thanks! Sometimes I kick around the idea of cutting it short, but then I go, "Ahh, but this length is good for now. Winter and all..."