Saturday, May 19, 2007

Subjecting You To My BAD Poetry

OK, so I was going through my poetry and I found this awful, horrible, poorly written poem. I have to share it.

All you ISU girls: This one is for you! (Oh, God, it is awful, but it brought back a ton of memories.)

Ode to the Parties We Have Visited Upon

Oh! The joy of Swany’s apartment,
Where we learned what the word “beer” meant.
Miller. Coors. Bud. The Beast.
We didn’t care, as long as it had yeast.

Oh! The joy of 5th Floor Garrison,
Where lived the car antennae of Harrison.
We had no care for the RA's;
Too bad the weekend didn’t last for days.

Oh! The wonders of the cabin.
For years we’ve wondered where it has been.
And the snow banks covered with pee,
Outside was the bathroom for me.

Oh! The joy of Center St. and Dudley’s,
Where we learned the importance of ID’s.
Beer flowed away with our money
While we tried to look for a honey.

Oh! Ode to the parties we have visited.
The bathrooms galore we peed in.
We will never forget the memories
Because they are too beautiful, like my homies.

(Oh, man, that is a painful, awful ending, but apparently it is all I had at the time. But doesn't it remind you of all the great times we had?? Harrison Ford's antennae! Who remembers that?)