Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Kids are Random, and it is the Parent's Fault

So, I am driving down the street, heading over to Tracy & Ian's house, and I see something in the middle of the street. I peer through my windshield, trying to get a better look at what is moving frantically in the street. Someone in trouble? In need of help? No, it is three young boys, maybe 9 years old, pretending to jerk themselves off. In the middle of the street.

I wondered to myself: Should I just barrel on down the street as I normally would? Survival of the fittest? Obviously, the world won't miss these idiots making obscene gestures at me. And if the world does miss them, well, then world, we have a few things to discuss.

Seriously, people. When has it been OK to let your kids be obnoxious? I know, I know, we all did it when we were younger. I don't have kids. Blah, blah, blah. But I am seriously sick and tired of young people acting like they are complete and total idiots and NO ONE doing anything about it.

Now, in defense of these young idiots' parents, the parents were not present. Thank God. Because I would have pulled over and said something.

Not like the other day when Randy and I went miniature golfing. There were three (maybe four) adults and about 25 young children. We assumed they were all the adults' children, because they all looked the same -- really, we couldn't tell them apart. And apparently, neither could the parents because the kids were constantly being called "Boy," "You," "Girl," and "Buddy." (As in, "Hey! You! Get over heyah and help Buddy out with his golfin'.")

As we golfed -- OK, Randy golfed, I swung my club around in desperate attempts to hit the ball in the direction of the hole -- the kids were constantly being yelled at by the adults to do as they were told. And of course, Randy and I laughed because the parents were just as bad as the children. Literally, as the parents were yelling at the kids to be quiet, they were YELLING. It was hilarious. And yet, quite disheartening.

So, kids, go ahead. Play in the street. And pray to God Himself that I have had a good day, because I swear, if I am pissed off enough, I WILL run you down. And feel damn good about it, too. Go apologize to your parents for being total idiots.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Freakin' deviants. You should have at least clipped 'em.

Micaela said...

Cheryl said I should have swerved to hit them. And this coming from insurance agent boss!