Friday, December 14, 2007

OK. That's It. I'm Done. Finsihed. Finito. Fin.

I have sworn off men and dating. I've had it. I'm tired. I need to take a nappers from men. I know I have said it before, but this time I mean it. I am going to take care of myself, have fun with my friends, and try not to think about how lonely I will be when I am 60. Because seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Maybe I'm trying too hard. I don't know. All I DO know is that I:

1) Am rad.

2) Am proud to be awesome.

3) Have NO baggage. (i.e. children from previous relationships; have an incessant need to talk and discuss my exes on a first date, etc.)

4) Have a job.

5) Bathe regularly.

6) Am funny.

7) Am totally worthy.

After two years and four months of hitting the dating scene hard, I've given up. There is no one in Reno for me. And if there ever was, he is either deceased (God rest his soul) or gay. Or married. Because he is certainly not out there.

And frankly, I am totally sick of looking. It is a sad day in hell when I would rather be sitting at home, playing Neverwinter Nights and listening to my iTunes. It is way more enjoyable than sitting somewhere with a complete stranger, thinking to myself, "I have absolutely nothing in common with this person. Why am I doing this to myself?"

I know what all of you are thinking: "Yeah, sure. I've heard this one before. Whatever."

But this time, I mean it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You and me both, Ky. I think perhaps both of us are living in the entirely WRONG place. Maybe we both should move somewhere. Hmmm.....I should probably tell you though. I have rekindled a gigantic crush from my childhood: NIKKI SIXX from Motley Crue. I think my lust is somewhat similar to yours for Bono---only more subdued ;)

Micaela said...

Screw being subdued. Especially in THE YEAR OF YES! Nikki Sixx. Seriously, Em? We DO need to move you to a different place!

Unknown said...

Are you making fun? Hmmm......YES NIKKI SIXX Maybe subdued was a poor choice of words. You were the English major--I was a PE major for crying out loud! I'm lucky I can spell my name ;)