Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Orleans 2008: Day Five

On Wednesday, Steph and I wanted to do something nice, but she had to work. We decided we would go have a nice lunch at The Rib Room in The Quarter while Nate took Aidan around Tulane Hospital. Apparently, all the women Nate works wanted to get a glimpse of the little man. And of course, Aidan loves to flirt with the ladies, so he was happy to be shown around.

So, I got us all dressed up. A small feat for me! It was pretty hard to get myself ready, and the baby ready, and then to get all of our gear into the car (I was thinking of hiring a Sherpa). Then I had to drive in New Orleans traffic. Whew! But then we got there, and Steph and I had a lovely lunch -- thanks, Louisiana Bar Association, for that great gift certificate!

As we were eating, I looked up, and there was a parade passing by! A random parade! There was no meaning behind it. No protesting. Nothing. Just people getting together, playing music for the enjoyment of others. It was truly a beautiful sight. Alas, none of the pictures turned out. The window was my camera's enemy.

After lunch, the baby and I headed home, where we got into our pajamas and took a well deserved nap. It was a long day!

No comments: