Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Orleans 2008: Day Eight

Ok, so day eight arrives. I really, really wanted to see Manchester Orchestra, (see crappy picture to the left) so Steph and I made a concerted effort to get down to City Park in time. We almost missed them! They are a pretty cool band from I don't know where (but Steph guessed Manchester) and I really enjoyed their music.





Then we decided to go see Fishbone play because Steph's friend manages their band. So, we go and we are checking out this band, which we thought to be Fishbone. And they are really good! But then they turn out to be Rotary Downs, a local New Orleans band. And they kicked major ass! They said they were playing a bar in the Fenchmen's called d.b.a. later that night, and since Steph and I had no major plans to see Nine Inch Nails, we decided that later we would go down to see them.





Then we watched a couple of other bands play, like The Hot 8 Brass Band and Lil' Wayne. Which was cool because seriously, when is the next time I will EVER see Lil' Wayne? Oh, that's right. Never.

We went home, had some dinner, and I took a nap (I'm OLD, people) and we went to the Frenchmen's. Now, if you don't already know, The Frenchmen's is like what the Quarter used to be: totally kick ass without all the tourists and nudie bars. It is way eclectic and artsy, and there was a ton of stuff to do. We went to this d.b.a. bar, and they had ALL SORTS of imported alcohol there, from beer to wine to absinthe. Let me put it to you this way: the only domestic beer they had was Sierra Nevada. That's it. So we had some drinks, and enjoyed the band a second time around.

No comments: