Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Year of Yes: Date 3.4

I think my Year of Yes is coming to an end. I know, it's only March, and I am already thinking about calling an end to it. Here are my reasons, which I find very reasonable:

1) No one new has asked me out in two months. I've even emailed five guys 13 days ago. Not one single response. But I'm OK with that because

2) I really like Vic. Really, really, really like him! He's fun, smart, funny, and terribly cute. He may not understand the superiority of soccer compared to American football, but he understands my unnatural fear of rats & why San Francisco is better than L.A. (Although, "I love L.A.!") And he likes me! He shares my love for movies, food & general laziness. He doesn't hate U2. He may not love Bono, but he certainly appreciates my devotion.

Honestly, I think sometimes we are both like, "He (she) likes me? Really!?! I'm so stinkin' lucky!" It is just the way he looks at me sometimes.

I have my doubts and apprehensions, though: I am still Micaela. Things for me are always too good to be true. He's super busy (which I am dealing with as best I can), and for some reason I can't shake this feeling that there is another woman. I don't feel that way because of anything he has said, but only my own subconscious fears rising. No idea why, just a general apprehension. I'll get over it eventually. But for now, I'm just pretty happy that things are going moderately well for my Year of Yes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

M-
Even tho you're dating Vic, I wouldn't end your Year of Yes...think of the possibilities! Yes even tho there may even be the kind that would make you run screaming in the night; think of the other side of the spectrim. That guy who looks like he could be Bono's stunt double? yeah, he's out there....
FaeFester

Micaela said...

Oh, Bono's stunt double. You may be right. I deserve to at least FIND Bono's double. And marry him.

Anonymous said...

Wellll... I could ask you out. Of course, saying yes would violate the rules, since I'm married, and have 2 children, and live in Michigan. But you could say yes to me anyway. Then, I would romance you as you have never been romanced, and sweep you off of your undoubtedly dainty feet. The beer would flow like wine, and we would have days of magic, and nights of lust. Provided, of course, I can get home by 9:00 to put my kids to bed. Ah, well. It seems that your rules have a good grounding in reality after all. Still, I have the fantasy in my mind and it is fantastic. And, Bono, really? If you're going to aim high, aim higher. Pick someone younger, and more pliable. Mold him to your will, and make him your object of desire.