Saturday, March 15, 2008

Really, Vic? Really.

Here was email from Thursday, March 13th, in the AM.

"  So, are we still on for this weekend?  It's Heather's
birthday and I promised a friend I would help
them move,
but I would love to work seeing you in somehow. Any
free time for little'ole me?
Let me know. Talk to you
soon,

Ky"


This was his response:

"I forgot my brother and niece are here for this weekend.
We'll probably
be in Tahoe for most of the weekend, but
I'll try to hit you up next
week, if that works for you."


Wha, wha, WHAT?! You'll TRY? We made plans for this weekend, and you don't
even have the decency to CALL me to tell me that your plans have changed?
No, that won't work for me. I haven't seen you in TWO WEEKS! What happened?

This was my (in my humble opinion, polite) response:

Ok, I don't want to seem bitchy or needy or anything, but I really like you and I really would like to spend more time with you. However, it truly seems as if you are way too busy to be dating right now. I have been trying really hard not to be too demanding of your time because I know you are busy and have homework, etc., but I just feel like if you were truly as interested as you say you are, then you would make more of an effort. I know you have said you are interested in me, but I would really rather you just tell me you aren't interested (if that is the case), rather than me sitting here wondering what is going on. I don't mean to put you on the spot, but this is just super frustrating for me. I understand that you are really busy, but a phone call, email, or text message once in a while would go a long way to make me not feel like I am wasting my time.

To which I have received NO reply. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Not even a "Hey, I'm not that into you." I mean, really? What the hell did I do to deserve this?

Is there no hope? Is there no decency in the world? Am I going to have to move out of this hell hole in order to find SOMEONE who will at least give the honesty I am asking for and tell me he is not interested?

God, help me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

first, on your poll, was it give up on Vic or give up on dating all together or give up on Year of the Yes?
Lorna

Micaela said...

Give up on dating. Because it literally is so depressing.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe Dick would do that...i meant vic...whoops.

he sucks. come to MN and i'll introduce you to some nice boys...hahha

lovekat

Micaela said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks he's a douchy- McDoucherson.

Tracy said...

Out with the trash...out damn Vic, out I say!

Holli said...

Man - that blows. Have you heard his response yet? Keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

In the wise words from Sex And the City....."e's just not that into you." Forget him!

Micaela said...

Yeah, he's not that into me. He basically said this morning that he's sorry that he is really busy, but that isn't going to change, so le tough shit. I'm like, "Whatever. If he was into me, then he would try harder."