Sunday, March 23, 2008

This is Some Serious Fun!!!


This is a seven seat bike. I rode on one all night in downtown Reno, and I am telling you right now, it is the most fun I have EVER had in Reno. Hands down. Fun.

I don't know much about the bike. Or where Pete got it. He said he got it from some guy in Amsterdam. One person steers and pedals (it has a steering wheel) and the other six people hold onto the middle and pedal. I was riding backwards, and it was a strange sensation. And he had a speaker set up in it and a kind of strobe light thing. But we were like rock stars -- I'm talking BONO status -- downtown. People were honkin' and yellin' and asking for rides. Pete was cool enough to give some people rides, and he was cool enough to spin some cookies! Oh, man, it was like a little piece of Disneyland. I haven't giggled that much in ages.

I didn't want to go out with random strangers. I wasn't in the mood to meet new people. I wanted to hang out at home. But I forced myself to go, and look at the great time I had.

And I didn't think about being lonely once.

3 comments:

The Giant said...

Year of Yes strikes again. That sounds like so much effing fun!

Tracy said...

Who in the hell is Pete? Jesus, I've only been out of town for four days!

Micaela said...

See what happens when you aren't around to keep me in check and to keep up on all the nasty details?