Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Year of Yes: Date #3

At first I thought this date was doomed. Alex (that is his own made up pseudonym, so I thought I would just use it) asked me to meet for dinner on Friday. I got - at the last minute - a free ticket to go see the Foo Fighters. I asked Alex to reschedule for coffee on Saturday or dinner next week. He obliged by saying he would meet me for coffee on Saturday. How did 2 pm at Java Jungle sound? Perfect.

I got up and did some errands (bought some CDs) and was at Java Jungle about 5 minutes early. It is my doom to be early for everything I do. I order my cup of Mexican coffee (YUMMERS!) and sat down to read the Reno News and Review as I waited for Alex to show up.

I'm perusing the paper, and what do I come across? A review of Randy's shitty ass band, Correction. And the News & Review said they were GOOD!?!? And there was a picture of him and everything (I felt better knowing he looked more like the crackhead he is). I was so angry that I slammed the paper shut, cursed under my breath (What? There were children present!) and looked up in disgust.

Right into Alex's eyes.

I immediately felt awful. He was cute! And he must certainly thought I was pissed at him. NO! Stay cool. Stay cool. Calm. Think Zen thoughts. He walking over here. Smile. Not through gritted teeth. Randy? Randy who?

"Hi! You must be Alex."

"Yes." We shake hands. "I'm going to totally butcher your name."

"That's OK. Everyone does."

And then we proceeded to have an exceptionally nice and totally cool coffee date.

We are having dinner tonight after the Super Bowl.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Fabulous!! I'll need an update, stat.

xoxo