Sunday, April 19, 2009

Seriously Funny Stuff

This weekend I had a gorgeous, beautiful, fantastic, wonderful time with my friends in Portland. But I missed out something huge. A FREE ticket to Coachella.

Now, some of you may be wondering, what is this Coachella she speaks of? Well, it is a three day music festival (we all know how much I ADORE music festivals!) in the middle of the Southern Californian desert.

Did I mention FREE?

The Doc won tickets on the radio and offered to take me. How great is THAT I ask? Great, I say. And because The Doc knows how upset I am about missing out, he keeps texting me and informing me about how awful it is and how the bands suck. (Paul McCartney? The Cure? Not sucking, I'm sure.)

I just received a text that read: "WTF? This isn't The Cult?" And I seriously laugh out loud. Hard. I love "She Sells Sanctuary" but The Cult is no Cure, but it is awesome that he thinsk of me enough to text me and make me laugh.

Oh, and my friends made me laugh this weekend, too. In particular, Amanda slipping and falling into the pool. Good times.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Um... the only shout out we get is that I fell in the pool WTF for real. No pictures, no going on and on how you wouldn't have missed this weekend for the world because you heart us the absolute most?

I am discouraged and disappointed. Try again Auntie Ky, try again.

PS
Cochella Smchella.

Heather Williams said...

Hmmm...Amanda's comment has alerted me to a grave injustice. How come I am almost never mentioned in your blogs? Haven't we lived together these last seven years? Don't you love me too? If you prick me, do I not bleed? And also WTF.

Micaela said...

Both of you know me better than that! I am all about the BOYS. Sorry, sistas. I only work one way. Unless you are Salma Hyek. Then I could ignore my previous statement.

Amanda said...

It all makes sense now... I need more free time to read blogs.

Thanks for the shout out Kyky!

loves.