Sunday, March 22, 2009

When it Rains It Pours, Part Deux

So, my apologies for not writing more lately. I got a new laptop (yeah!) and I have been moving files back and forth. And then I realized just how much music I have on my computer & decided that maybe it was time to just get an external hard drive.

And the other reason I haven't been writing lately is because I have been going on lots of dates. Lots and lots. And second and third dates. With more than one man in particular. Some of you may be wondering, "What if they see this blog and get mad?" In my defense, none of these men have said A WORD about dating exclusively, and honestly, I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop with every single one of them, so I figure I am not going to pin all my hopes and dreams on one single guy just yet. Look at what happened with the last guy.

Let me tell you about Mr. Policeman.

After I balanced my checkbook and realized that I was paying for 90% of all of our dates, I thought to myself, "Is opening doors and having a stable job ALL I am looking for?" The answer to that questions, friends, is a resounding NO!

He walks like a police officer. Maybe that is because the concealed weapon he carries at all times disrupts his swagger. Maybe. At first I thought this was cute, then I realized he has little-man complex.

Let me tell you about Dr. Waterborne Particles. He is smart, witty, also a writer, and loves the same kind of music I do. He also has a stable job and opens doors for me.

Let me tell you about Mr. Masseuse. He is smart, funny, honest, and possesses a very kind and calming personality. He also has a stable job and opens doors for me.

In hindsight, I was blinded by the light (read: a second date with a decent looking man). But I have moved on past that. I decided that the time is right to have a good time. And if I happen to meet someone along the way, then great.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Great news, Ky! Sounds like you are having lots of fun, and a new laptop and external hard drive --- what could be better!