Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

One of New Year's resolutions is to actually keep up with this blog. I swear, people, it's not you, it's me. (Haven't heard THAT one in a while, huh?) But honestly, I am going to try to get into the swing of things.

Not much happened here today. Last night was a supremely disappointing New Year's Eve on my end. For the first time in 31 years, I had a real, bona-fide date for New Year's. And it didn't snow. And he didn't bail. And I didn't bail. And we were bored with the lack of fireworks, both literally and figuratively. (But before my date, I had a totally awesome gift exachange with friends, and I think everyone should exchange gifts AFTER Christmas, because then it makes it that more fun!)

All in all, I have found that he (I am purposefully failing to mention his name) and I, alas, will be much better friends than partners, and although I am more than a little sad about it, I will live.

So, onward, friends, into the great unknown! Resistance is futile.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Happy New Year, Ky! May 2009 be filled with good books, happy laughter and many pleasant surprises.

I love you!
Holli

Mimi said...

Happy New Year's right back at you!