Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Just Call Me Ameri-Basque!

Recently, my daddy informed me that I might have an opportunity to become a dual citizen of both America (obviously) and Spain.

"Bitchin'!" was my response.

When I was born in the great year of 1977, my dad was not yet a US citizen; therefore, I have the same rights as he did when I was born.

I get to go to the Spanish consulate in San Francisco, fill out some paperwork (I am sure that it will be much more complicated than "just some paperwork"...) and ta-da! I will have dual citizenship. I think (HOPE, HOPE, HOPE!) I get to have an EU passport, because then I won't have to admit to actually belonging to a country where this is a reality:



And instead, I can say, THIS is my reality:


2 comments:

Holli said...

Wow, Mic - I'm really envious! Good luck with that "paperwork" in San Fran :)

The Giant said...

I am SOOOO envious. Take me with you!!!!!
But seriously, very cool and convenient. Maybe you should move to Spain and find the love of your life (at least you'd be closer to him (Bono)).