Sunday, September 16, 2007

Realizations During Yet Another Misadventure

So, yesterday I had the pleasure of facing one of my deepest fears: seeing Jason and his new (well, not so new, really) girlfriend. Two years ago, we broke up, and a short two years it has been, but one filled with a long, long trip to recovery to the old and original Micaela.

I did really, really well in the face of fear.

I was pleasant, and introduced myself, and said, "Hi!" to Jason without barfing, vomiting, or gritting my teeth. Needless to say, I am QUITE pleased with myself.

But the sweetest and best realization came when 1) I hardly recognized him, and 2) when I felt absolutely nothing when I did recognize him.

And I felt nothing about the new girlfriend, either. Who, I am sure, is very pleasant and nice to be around, and her only major fault being the horrible bad taste that she has in men. But, I still don't want to be buddy-buddy with her.

Overall, it was a true lesson in "That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger."

I don't want to get stronger anytime soon, though.

No comments: