Monday, April 16, 2007

I Got Distracted

At my party, Tracy asked me, "How do you REALLY feel about turning thirty? Tell me the truth!" And I stopped to think, and I said, "Well, if Randy wasn't around, it would be totally depressing, but ..."

And it is true, although certainly pathetic. Why do I always do that? But if I were alone on my 30th birthday, I most certainly would have been feeling sorry for myself: "Oh, I can't believe I'm 30 and alone; I'm the only one alone on her 30th birthday, everyone else has someone, blah blah blah." I know myself pretty well, don't I? You can totally hear me saying that, huh?

But I didn't have to worry about that this year. And there were no dog-fights. Thank goodness!

But in the words of the great Ani herself, "I got distracted." I haven't cleaned my bathroom in three weeks! (As my past roommates know, this is most certainly a sign that Micaela isn't right in the head at the moment. If I'm not cleaning, something is certainly wrong.) I just balanced my checkbook! I haven't posted on the blog. I barely check my email. I haven't had time to realize that I am 30. Years young of course.

So, if some of you have been wondering where the hell I've been, I've been distracted to no possible end. Wasting time away. Eventually I'll actually have some stories to write about and I will post them on the blog.

But for now, just be content in the thought that Micaela is happy and distracted enough not to realize being 30 totally sucks.

No comments: