Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Home

Not everyone gets a new house and new carpet for Christmas!!

Mom and Dad and I spent the entire Christmas Weekend cleaning and fixing the condo to be ready for move in. Dad had a cold (which I promptly caught and turned into bronchitis), but he had the carpet ripped out in about a half an hour. Then we spent the rest of the day pulling up staples from the floorboards. We tried to put a new door in - a brand new one that we found in the garage! - but it didn't have any grooves cut into it, and I certainly don't have the tools for it. So that didn't turn out well, but the carpet demo was HUGE, and saved me (Mom & Dad) $300.

More good news: I found computer speakers that I was hoping would be able to hook up to my laptop and blast my iTunes throughout the place. It took me some time to figure it out, but I did it.

And the best good news: Condo association fee is $50 LESS a month than I had anticipated!! That means I bought this place for EXACTLY what I wanted to spend on RENT! How awesome is that? I am pretty pleased with the situation, and I will be even more pleased when I am feeling better and I can actually move my bed into the place so I can sleep there!!

1 comment:

Holli said...

Hooray, hooray - congrats, congrats!

May 2010 be the Year of Ky!