Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stranded on a Crappy Island

As some of you may know, I am addicted to Lost. I cannot get enough. And this morning, I was thinking that my dating life is much like being stranded on a crappy island.

1) All I want to do is get a decent boyfriend, much like all they want to do is get off the island.

2) Lame ass men = The Others.

3) It LOOKS like there is hope, but every time something good happens, someone goes and fucks it up. (i.e.: a submarine mysteriously appears, and then it gts blown up. Much like I think I am going out with a well-educated man who owns his own home, who actually turns out to be an apartment renter with a cat.)

4) Dating world: every (wo)man for himself. Same on the island. Oh, they may TALK like they are trying to help each other out, but everyone really is only in it for themselves. Just like dating.

5) In other words, dating and being stranded on a deserted island are very much the same: they both suck the hope right out from your soul. But you keep trying, or die trying. Frankly, right now, I would rather be stranded on that crappy island than stranded in this crappy dating world I call Reno.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say this in the most loving fashion possibl, but maybe, instead of focusing all this negative energy on trying to find someone you are inevitably going to hate, you should focus on something else that might make you happy. A new career? Move near family? Learn something new? If you keep putting negative energy out, then that's all you should ever expect to receive back. Make yourself happy instead of waiting for someone to make you happy....it will never work.

Micaela said...

What makes me happy at this moment is watching Lost, which I will continue to do. I understand your logic & theory, but as usual, easier said than done.